Sunday 18 June 2023

Best Day in Weeks...

Today was my best day on the air in many weeks.  It seems the bands and the propagation Gods got their act together and gave us a decent day to play radio!

At 1430 UTC today the propagation numbers were: SFI=158, SN=119, A Index=8, and the K Index=2.  The bad news was that there was still some very deep QSB happening.  After seeing the propagation forecast for the next few days, I'm glad I got out today and operated portable.  Hopefully it will improve considerably in time for Field Day next weekend.

In 50 minutes I managed to get 39 contacts in my log, including a good contact with Mike, CU3HY, in the Azores.  That was my first QSO with Mike since December of last year.  Todays breakdown was 5 contacts on 40m, and 34 contacts on 20m.

Radio was my KX3, the antenna was a 20m or 40m Hamstick, and I was transmitting a whopping 10w.  

Here's todays contact map:


Stay Safe Out There!

No comments:

Post a Comment