Friday 9 June 2023

Rotten Band Conditions...

Yet another mediocre day on the bands today.  I started on 40m and managed to get two contacts in 10 minutes before I decided to switch to 15m.  That band wasn't too bad as I could hear many European stations calling CQ, as well as being already in a QSO.  But it was not a good day to be calling, or answering, CQ's with QRP power....no contacts on 15m.

After another 20 minutes I decided to give 20m a try, and in the next 12 minutes managed to put ten contacts in the logbook.  Obviously I should have started on 20m and saved the anxiety I had on 40m and 15m.

Propagation numbers this morning were: SFI=169, SN=146, A Index=5 and the K Index=0. There was also a lot of deep QSB on the bands as well.  

I know it's summer and 40m is always flakey, so I think for the next few weeks I'll stick to 20m, 17m, and 15m, at least they seem to work some days.

Radio, as usual, was my KX3.  Antenna used was my Wolf River Mini on my Buddipole versahub, and a Canadian Army 9'5" collapsible whip.

Here's today's map showing my meager contact count:


Stay Safe Out There!!

No comments:

Post a Comment